Salad monster

Saturday night Hubs and I split a DiGiorno frozen pizza, supreme with a garlic bread crust. And more Lord of the Rings.


I tried oatmeal for breakfast Sunday morning but it came out much too salty and I only ate a few bites. Awhile later I went out and ran six miles! Okay, so it wasn’t continuous but I definitely ran the whole six miles (stopped my Garmin when I took a walking break). I also learned that I’m at the point where I need to start taking some form of calories with me when I run. Six miles covers a lot of ground!

I came home and ate half of this Clif bar:


After a good stretch and a shower I made myself a nice, big salad consisting of spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, goat cheese, and Ken’s lite balsamic vinaigrette. I actually almost couldn’t finish this and didn’t eat many of the Kashi crackers I had alongside. (Like my pretty new Cali bowl? I happened to score on of Kath’s free gift certificates awhile back and the two I received are the perfect size for salads-as-meals or, say, sifting dry ingredients for baking. It saw lots of use last thursday!)


After a nap I had a snack of Post shredded wheat’n’bran and roasted unsalted almonds. This helped me keep away from the cheese fries that everyone else was eating for awhile. But then everyone else had filled up on cheese fries and put off dinner, so I indulged. Over all I’m incredibly proud of how few I ate though.

The gang was mostly gathered (except Jenny, who had to work) and we had the usual burritos. It’s either burritos or hamburgers when we get together and it was too cold for the grill. Dan did sauté some shrimp for a much appreciated change of pace though. I had a spinach wrap with Spanish rice, red and green peppers, sauteed onions, tomatoes, black beans, and shrimp. It was divine. I went back for some more rice, beans, shrimp, and onions but it just wasn’t the same and I was full anyway so after a bite or two they were thrown out.


I managed not to overdo it on the alcohol last night, thankfully. I only had about four jello shots over the course of the evening and otherwise stuck to water (and half a can of Coke until it started tasting too sweet).

Yesterday morning I opened a new container of oats. I was using Quaker before but have switched to Kroger brand. I was hoping yesterday was a fluke but it seems not. The Kroger brand are much faster cooking which means the banana doesn’t break down as much and it gelatinizes after only a few minutes. I am not a fan. I’m not really a fan of the new peanut butter I opened today either. It’s not very peanut-y. I’ll give it another shot tomorrow, but this may be what I get for choosing the cheapest stuff I could find.


Lunch was another big salad, the same combination as yesterday but with a few red and green peppers thrown in from last night. And I finally finished off the box of Asiago Kashis that I’ve been working on for ages. Not my favorite flavor, but better than the last few I tried.


I’m actually getting hungry again already. We have a bunch of apples that need to be eaten so we’ll see if that will hold me over until the boys get home and I can start asking about dinner.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s